"Friendship is born the moment when one person says to another, What! You too? I thought I was the only one!" - C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Catching up after days of blog failure :)

Lets see… updates updates…..
This past Saturday I ran in the Stoudt’s 12K in Adamstown, PA.  I went into it thinking that I would have NO ISSUES whatsoever with this “short  7.4 mile race” because  my mentality was if I was able to do my marathon a few weeks ago… this would seem like cake.

BOY WAS I WRONG!!!  Holy heck was that a challenge!  First, I started off way to fast. Second, I then ran out of steam at mile 3.5, and third those hills were KILLER!!!  Needless to say it was not my best race.  I ended up finishing in 53:57 and was the third female in the age bracket 18-29.  That isn’t terrible… but I felt terrible running the race.  GOOD LORD.

Sunday my boyfriend and I led a group of about 20 people to Ricketts Glen state park.  It has 26 natural waterfalls and is INCREDIBLE for sight seeing any time of the year… but in PA… the leaves in October are fabulous.  It was a great little over 5 mile hike through the trails of the state park… incredible!

Yesterday, I went on a group run on the riverfront and I ended up completing about 5.5 miles in total.  The rest of the group did more like 6.5… but my knee is still not 100% since the marathon so I decided I better turn back early rather than risk injury.
This evening is going to be about cross training.  I need to get to the gym more and cross train and do strength training.  I really feel that is one area that I could certainly improve on.  What better time to do that than when my mileage is to be kept down, and in between marathon training programs.  Come Dec 16th, ill be back to marathon training… so until then I am enjoying this gorgeous weather for my

1 comment:

  1. I'm seriously impressed with your time during the race, so great lady! You are quite a speed demon and I really love that, it inspires me to just be confident in my strides :)

    I'm anxious for more cross training even though you're not supposed to do that much as time nears closer to the marathon, so I think it'll be very rewarding for you during this break in between now and your next bout of training! You should send me the details of your next training schedule-you had mentioned it on daily mile I think. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete