"Friendship is born the moment when one person says to another, What! You too? I thought I was the only one!" - C.S. Lewis

Thursday, October 21, 2010

knee-d to listen to my body.....

Got to lunch time yesterday and wasn't quite sure what i wanted to do with the hour.  I had packed some shorts, a tshirt, and my retired running shoes ( Nike Pegasus) in my car to possibly hit up the gym.... but i wsant sold on that.  Was still super sore from a circut workout i had done on Tuesday.  Was talking with one of my coworkers who ran steamtown  "with" me and he said the following

" Come on.  Just run.  You know you want to and besides... its probably the last semi warm and gorgeous day we will have in a long time".

Well me, not havin even looked at the weather forcast the next few days to know it should be gorgeous out, decided that well... i might as well.  So i got changed and headed out on a nice 5.3 mile run.  It felt incredible.  I actually was super sore and felt like i was going SO SLOW... but when i got back i realized that my pace is right back to where it was before the marathon... which is super exciting.  The soreness went away the long i was running... it actually loosened up those tight muscles.  I didnt feel any calf or knee pain.  It was a great lunch time run.  Tried to keep the hills at a minimum... since i am still technically recovering.  Overall felt great.

Today- of course my left calf is sore and my right knee/hip is bugging out a bit.  I know its just because im on the rebound.... but i need to watch it and take it easy.  No sense boogering it up.

This saturday i am torn between two events that i really want to take part in.  There is a 5k in harrisburg that I was a part of last year and then there is a 12K in lancaster county that my friends are all going to.... i just cant seem to decide.  My head is saying.... do the 5k because a 12k is a bit much this soon after a marathon to RACE in... but my heart says i like distance running and could really have a blast on a rolling 7 mile race.


SO.... we all know which im going to most likely listen to dont we.

therefore... today and tomorrow i am taking it easy and not running at all.... just so that come sunday.... i am feeling alright to tackle the hills of lancater county.

COME ON..... you really cant blame me can you??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment