"Friendship is born the moment when one person says to another, What! You too? I thought I was the only one!" - C.S. Lewis

Monday, October 18, 2010

Take it easy.... riiiiiight

So... I thought the 'TAPER' was bad.... well let me just say that the week-2 weeks following the marathon are painful.  More mentally than anything.... but its driving me insane.  It also doesnt help that i am NOT a patient person what so ever.  I have a hard time being ok with recovering from my 26.2 mile race.  This is absolutely insane i know... but i feel like i SHOULD be doing more.  I spent the last 6 months of my life busting my ass to get to marathon running shape.... and now im suppose to just kind of lay low.  Its a strange change in pace.  I guess that is why its totally common to get what they call the post marathon blues.  They compare it to post pardom depression... so strange.  I def felt that off and on last week..... but this week im more so just getting ants in my pants to run and get out there again.

This morning i got up early before work and went on a nice 4.5 mile run.  When i got up it was still pretty dark out.  Stars were out and the sky was super clear so it was actually a really nice way to start my run.  Felt pretty good through out the run... with exception to my knee tweaking out a bit near the half way point.  I think i need to take a day or two off from running on it and let it heal. I think its just sore from the mileage.  I need to respect my body... regardless of what i would rather do.

Today Boston Marathon registration opened at 9:00 am.  By 5:05 pm- registration was CLOSED.  can you believe it closed in 1 day?!?!?!?  So crazy.  Record breaking day.  I am so thankful i got in.... because i was having technical difficulties right along with everyone else this morning with the website... it was nuts.

Well, thats about all.  Ran and lifted today so tomorrow is a rest day.  No need to injure myself.  I need to take it easy and keep things moderate the next few weeks.  I really should try to enjoy it for now... because before i know i will be marathon training again.

So much for a realxing winter ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment