"Friendship is born the moment when one person says to another, What! You too? I thought I was the only one!" - C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Can you get a brain freeze without drinking anything cold?!?!?!?! If so i have one!!

Yesterday I was feeling so sore and just achy from my race on sunday and then my speedwork monday, that I decided to take the day off and relax.  I don't know what my deal is lately but I have been stressing out big time.....

I mean... well I do know why... and i cant get into details about it right now.... but my face looks like a pizza and I've got 20 things going on at one time.  Its ok though... they are all things that are going to bring changes for the better... and thats what is important.  Been really just trying to let things in God's hands and trust him.  He has blessed me beyond measure lately..... and I cannot be more grateful for that.  I see awesome things come the new year.... i am so excited.  I am also excited to start working on my new years goals!! :)

On another note, back to my training schedule, I ran today over my lunch break.  I wasnt really in the mood to, but i knew by the time i got out of work it would be dark and getting cooler out.... so it was in my best interest if i wanted to stay on target, to make sure i got out there today.  I went out on a route that i ran quite frequently over the summer.  It has at least 3 large hills and its a challange for me... especially when my hamstrings are so tight and my hip was making a pop pop pop as i began to run.  It was a little uncomfortable the first 1.5 miles... but after awhile i fell into rythum and everything was fine.  I ended up going 6 miles today and averaged a 7:55 pace so I am happy with that all things considered.

Other than that, I am feeling pretty optimistic about my training plan.  Ive decided I will combine the furman method with the plan i used to train for steamtown and that will be my best bet.  I hear that furman can cause alot of injuries and that is the last thing i want simply from being too aggressive... so i plan to keep an eye on things the next few weeks.

They are calling for awesome weather the next 3 days so my long run this friday will be in approx 43-46 degree weather!!!! thats warm for dec so bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment